Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cruiae Ship Sunbathing

Tuesday, 4 May two thousand and ten

I do not know his name or his nationality (Even if I wanted to say "Chinese", which is completely absurd ...) or age (between 30 and 50 years, the complexion smooth) but I know him well. For years he walks the trash in my neighborhood day and night, with a cart checkered green and black. He searched tirelessly each tray green, yellow, brown. At first his wife accompanied him. She followed him on a full stomach and empty eyes. Then probably found a stroller in a trash allowed the child. The woman I've never reviewed, the child yes. He grew up and he followed his father in his excavations hung cart. When I look at the scene that immediately reminds me of Cormac McCarthy's novel which follows the journey of a "man" and a "small" in a post-apocalyptic world and whose only wealth is contained in a supermarket trolley and a rucksack. To tell you the truth, I closed the book on page 80 so the atmosphere was depressing to see sealed. The "no future" in its purest form ... I'm going to make me retype Beigbeder want! A snoopy will do the same ... But if I close the book, "Chinese" is still there, trash trash, carcasses of chicken in mismatched socks everything is good to take. Recently I finally told myself that the crisis did not change much for him, that fucking crisis he lived for years. Actually no, the crisis is hard for him too: the garbage lose weight, the carcasses are scraped to the bone and mismatched socks back in fashion. In short, the "no future" in its purest ... McCarthy did not invent anything, its metaphysical history based on the myth of Sisyphus is mapped onto the real: the contemporary human condition. It's even worse than in the novel, no one can close the book ... you tomorrow in crisis!
Rattlesnake wintering

0 comments:

Post a Comment